Video Tutorial: Creating a Project
This video tutorial is a complete walk-through of creating a project with Signer Studio. It covers the basics as well as the advanced topic of using the prompter.
This video tutorial covers:
- Creating a project and giving it a name.
- Setting up the Prompter:
- Importing Text.
- Splitting long text into workable segments.
- Creating placeholder clips, i.e. clips with text but blank video.
- Manual Recording.
- Motion Activated Recording with prompts.
- Re-recording a clip.
- Trimming a clip.
- Reordering clips.
- Selecting and de-selecting a clip for the composition.
- Exporting a completed video.
This section goes through the screens of Signer Studio and explains the various buttons and elements.
The Recording Screen
1. Compose Button: Tap to stop recording and open the Composer Screen.
2. Camera toggle: Tap to toggle between front and back cameras.
3. Record Button: Tap to record or to start motion activated recording.
4. Motion Bar: This bar shows the detected motion in the image. If motion is detected, then recording will start. If motion ends, then recording will stop. Use this to segment your presentation into sentences or phrases for easier editing.
5. Manual Button: Tap to switch to manual recording mode. In manual recording mode, the record button works as in any recording app.
6. Motion Activated Button: Tap to switch to Motion Activated Recording Mode. In this mode, your presentation will be segmented into parts for easier editing.
7. Open Prompter Button: Tap to open the prompter.
The Recording Screen with Prompter
1. The prompt, in this case “Google – funny story”.
2. Close Prompter Button: Tap to hide the prompter.
3. Motion bar: This bar shows the detected motion in the image. If motion is detected, then recording will start. If motion ends, then recording will stop and advance the prompter so that the next prompt will be shown. When there are no more prompts, the prompter will slide out of sight and the recording session will stop.
4. Back button: Move to previous prompt.
5. Next button: Move to next prompt.
The Composer Screen
1. Record Button: Tapping this button will open the recording screen.
2. Project Button: Tapping this button will open the Project Management screen.
3. Help Button: Tapping this button will open the Help screen.
4. Import Button: Tapping this button will drop down a menu to choose either import of a clip or import of text for creating prompts or captions.
5. Export Button: Tapping this button will open the Export Screen.
6. Play Button: Tap to play the whole composition.
7. Insert Empty Clip button: Use this to insert a placeholder. Use placeholders e.g. to add prompts.
The Trimming Screen
1. Trimming handle for start of clip: Move this handle to adjust the start of the clip.
2. Trimming handle for end of clip: Move this handle to adjust the end of the clip.
3. Snapshot button: Tapping this will open the Frame Export Screen.
4. Clip export button: Tapping this will export the clip to the camera roll.
5. Clip selection button: The clip is included or excluded from the composition.
6. Delete button: Touch this to delete the clip. Note that you will lose the clip and this cannot be undone.
Frame Export Screen
1. Frame Selector: Choose the frame by moving the frame selector.
2. Export Button: Touching this will export the chosen frame to the camera roll.
The Project Screen
1. Project Title: Tap the title change the title. Tapping will open editing box.
2. New Project Button: Tap to create a new project.
3. Open Button: Tap to open the project in the composer.
4. Delete Button: Tap to delete the project. Swipe left in the bar to reveal the Delete Button.
Prompt Import Dialog
1. The prompt editor: You can edit prompts here or copy-paste, e.g. from an email.
2. Clear Text Button: This button will delete all the text in the text edit box.
3. Create Placeholder Clips Button: Placeholder clips are created with one prompt per placeholder clip. When you record with the prompter, your video will replace the blank placeholder video.
4. Cancel button: Close the dialog without creating clips.
The Export Screen
The Export screen allows you to export your video in a variety of ways. Note that the export options may change between versions of SignerStudio.